history

At the end of the 19th century a certain Mrs Chevassier was the owner of a few acres of vineyard at Sainte-Croix-du-Mont, together with three windmills, some wheat fields and two farms, the « Château du Mont » and « The Barritaude ».

Her son, Paul Chevassier, became a vine grafter in order to recreate the vineyards that had been destroyed by the Phylloxera epidemic. He acquired and replanted 17 acres of small vineyards. He received his first Gold Medal in Paris in 1929.

His son-in-law Pierre Chouvac secceeded him in 1947. He regrouped ansd modernised the estate, introduced mechanical equipment and increased its area to 27 acres of white grapes.

In 1975 he was succeeded by his son Paul Chouvac, who began selling in bottles, diversified production, modernised the cellars and cultivated 49 acres of vines with four Bordeaux appellations : Sainte-Croix-du-Mont, Graves, Sauternes et Bordeaux.

In 2000, his son Hervé Chouvac succeeded him after working in every position on the estate since 1986.

Today the estate covers over 60 acres shared between the Sainte-Croix-du-Mont, Sauternes and Graves appellations, and produces 100 000 bottles of red and whitre wines, all harvested entirely by hand.

Our mottos is summarised by three words :

« Passion, Quality, Pleasures ».